Name of funding opportunityCall for Research Projects
FunderThe City of Turku
The Turku Urban Research Programme provides funding for academically relevant research, which is expected to deliver also policy advice.
The call is for research proposals involving one or several of the following topics:
- Significance of fast mobile data connections (5G etc.) to urban development
- Supply and attractiveness of housing options in Turku urban regio
- Culture and urban culture as an attraction factor
- Other urban research topic—defined by the applicant—in line with the aims City of Turku’s strategic programmes
The call applies to research groups, led by and including researchers affiliated with the University of Turku (UTU) and Åbo Akademi University (ÅA). The consortiums can involve also researchers from other universities and research institutes.
The research funding will be provided up to a maximum of 600,000 EUR. The expectation is to fund four projects, valued 150.000 EUR each.
The applications should be sent electronically by 31st October 2018, by 14.00, to the City of Turku registration office (turun.kaupunki(at)turku.fi), with the topic indicated as “Kaupunkitutkimusohjelman hankehaku”.
The city of Turku will process only applications received on time. Further information: http://www.turku.fi/en/call-research-projects-2018
Application period- 31.10.2018
Research Director Sampo Ruoppila
- Engineering and technology
- Humanities and theology
- Art studies
- Cultures studies
- History and archaeology
- Medicine and health sciences
- Public health science
- Natural Sciences
- Computer and information sciences
- Environmental research
- Social and behavioural sciences, economics
- Business economics
- Educational sciences
- Media and communications
- Political science
- Social and economic geography
- Social sciences